Buyer III (269-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 232
The Purchasing organization is responsible for cost-effective purchasing/procurement of goods and services in support of the IB and Corporate requirements to enable the Company to be successful in meeting customer needs in a timely and cost effective manner. Framatome is seeking a Buyer III in our Mill Ridge Road office in Lynchburg, VA.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- All levels of Purchasing support associated with the various functions and multiple projects performed by IB-A.
- Specific to this request, the provision of supply & services for outage/repair business to support the various functions and requirements associated with work typical to IB-A.
- This position is responsible for ensuring that assigned services, materials and equipment are obtained at the lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) consistent with set standards of quality, delivery and service, via the following:
- Ensures that project procurement requirements are understood and that procured products and services meet lead-time, price and quality requirements.
- Responsible for purchase order generation and execution.
- Reviews, approves purchases up to a specified dollar amount.
- Engages and coordinates with line managers to implement appropriate commodity/supply strategies.
- Participates as key member of Cross Functional Teams (CFT) in supplier relationship activities such as selection, rationalization, development, performance measurement and recognition.
- Performs spend and commodity analysis; assists with development of contract negotiation strategies.
- Gathers and reports metrics to assess effectiveness of purchasing/procurement operations.
- Displays business acumen, influencing skills and customer service with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- Actively engages in supplier negotiations and implementation of commodity framework agreements.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or related discipline strongly preferred; comparable experience in lieu of degree may be considered. In addition, 5 years of closely related work experience required.
- Must possess skills in SAP, Microsoft Office or related products, including Spreadsheet and Project applications.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Extensive knowledge of the supply chain management field, practices and methods.
- Preferred 5-8 years experience with material & service providers or other supplier related interfaces.
- 3-5 years of commodity management experience.
- Experience dealing with international contract management and negotiations.
- Preferred 1-3 years experience with SAP MM
- 1-3 years experience with procurement plan development
- Developed leadership qualities.
- Experience relative to technical (mechanical) and project based Supply Chain activity is desirable.
Travel: Domestic travel is up to 10%. Travel is infrequent and typically planned in advance.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 269-378
Community / Marketing Title: Buyer III (269-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US