Planner/Scheduler III (268-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 231
IBM-A is mainly responsible for shared services like scheduling and planning, project administration, PM processes and standards, project execution governance and project manager certifications. We support the Business Lines/Product Lines in their project execution with these main services. The department currently has several planners/schedulers and would like to increase the team force in order to cope with the workload demands.
Framatome is seeking a Planner/Scheduler III in our Mill Ridge Road office in Lynchburg, Virginia. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Develops, maintains current project schedules and resource plans, follow up schedule/resource status and schedule/resource analysis with appropriate software (focus on P6 and MS Project).
- Assists in developing project work breakdown structure for projects to meet scheduling and cost tracking requirements.
- Provides critical path analysis and creates 'what if' scenarios; evaluates impact of changes to critical path.
- Assists in identifying and ensuring adherence to required project resources (staff, materials, equipment, etc.).
- Coordinates with IS on implementation, updating and enhancement to scheduling software tools.
- Participates on project teams providing valued project data and analysis; leads project schedule status meetings.
- Provides scheduling/resource planning training, coaching and leadership to project and product line staff, as needed.
- Develops and analyzes project metrics; generates accurate, timely reports and schedules for management.
- Recommends and develops scheduling/planning process improvements
- Support of Product lines and their managers/supervisors to manage resource planning
- Administrate resource planning tool (MS Project Server based) for the Product lines and their managers
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering plus 2-4 years of related work experience. May substitute a Bachelor's Degree in a non-technical discipline plus 4-6 years of related work experience, or comparable additional experience in lieu of Degree.
- Good understanding of complex planning, scheduling and resource management concepts and scheduling softwares (P6 and MS Project)
- Basic comprehension of nuclear power plant systems, components and interrelated activities
- Good written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Understanding of internal and external stakeholders to ensure complete work package inputs and definition
- Good problem identification and problem resolution skills ; Fundamental working knowledge of PC-based applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Builds constructive relationships, communicates well, and learns constantly.
- Quality oriented and Is customer oriented
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Shows creativity
- Knows the professional environment
Travel: 10% - Mainly North America and in an Office Environment.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 268-378
Community / Marketing Title: Planner/Scheduler III (268-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US