Air Balance Technician Apprentice (256-378)
Location: Richland, Washington US
Job Number: 220
Framatome is searching for an Air Balance Technician Apprentice for our Maintenance Department in Richland, Washington. There are currently four Air Balance positions in the department, one on days and three on shift. The successful candidate will be part of the Tri-Cities Crafts Association (TCCA). Once the apprenticeship has been completed, as the employee with the lowest seniority, there is a strong chance that there will a requirement to work on shift. The Air Balance Technician apprentice will learn about and demonstrate competency in the following areas, under the instruction of a journeyman Air Balance Technician.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Maintain ventilation systems in production facilities as required by (NRC) License relative to containment of airborne contamination.
- Monitor essential auxiliary equipment such as air compressors, water chillers, ventilation systems and other such equipment on an around-the-clock basis, seven days/week, to assure reliable operation and to make adjustments as required.
- Operate and adjust all facility heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems for all buildings on site to maintain comfortable working conditions.
- Determine air flows, relative pressures between rooms and zones within a building, and how to achieve and maintain all of these parameters.
- Referring to engineering drawings and specifications, establish prescribed parameters in a specific zone without adversely effecting adjacent zones.
- Adjust and perform initial troubleshooting on pneumatic, electrical and electronic HVAC Control Systems.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Craft Apprentice seniority will be based on the completion of the apprenticeship program. At that time they will have obtained journeyperson level and will begin to accrue service within their craft classification.
- Must perform as equipment operators
- Must have some mechanical and electrical skills, and perform minor maintenance tasks.
- Be able to follow and carry out written and oral instructions and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Mechanical aptitude and basic equipment operation experience is desirable.
- Must be physically able to lift 50 pounds, bend, stoop, and remain in a standing position for extended periods.
- Good eyesight, manual dexterity and good physical condition are required.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including rotating shift assignment.
- Ability to function well as a member of the work team.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Richland, Washington, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 256-378
Community / Marketing Title: Air Balance Technician Apprentice (256-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Richland, Washington US