Assembler I (245-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 215
Framatome is seeking an Assembler/Technician (Nuclear Parts Center) position in our Lynchburg, VA - Mount Athos Road facility.
Main assignments associated with this position include the following:
- Fabrication and/or assembly of filters, Sterns Rogers parts, and ASCO hydramotors. Fabrication and assembly require reading and following instructions, drawings, procedures, and processes, which would require the use of various instruments, tools, and equipment.
- Testing to support dedication/qualification activates. Required testing involves verifying various electrical and mechanical attributes (i.e. resistance, continuity, trip times, materials of construction, performance, hardness, flow, pressure) of an array of different products (i.e. breakers, relays, fuses, capacitors, bearings, gaskets, valves, O-rings, filters, greases, lubricants) prior to the sale.
- Support the NPC warehouse with receiving items, performing receipt inspections, cleaning and packaging items for shipment/inventory, pulling items from inventory, and verifying internal shipping documents. Additional warehouse duties include working in SAP to support inventory management and performing cycle count of items in inventory.
Under the mentorship of experienced of technicians and engineers, you will be engaged in the following types of projects and tasks:
- Fabrication, assembly, and testing of filter components and assemblies
- Assist with refurbishment of ASCO hydramotors (i.e. teardown, part replacement, painting, testing, reassembly)
- Assembly and support of Stearns Roger spare parts, including assembly of mechanical and electrical spare parts (i.e. occasional soldering and performing continuity tests)
- Performing material preparation of samples (i.e. cutting, grinding, polishing) in order to execute required testing
- Collaboration with engineering and testing team on analysis of test results and application of test methods
- Develop understanding of calibration requirements
- Develop understanding and use of quality program manual, procedure adherence, and applicable operating instructions
- Train with and develop technical knowledge and skills from senior technicians and engineers receiving assistance and instructions on unusual or more complex features and possible solutions
- Support warehouse responsibilities shipping, receiving, cleaning, packaging, and inventory management.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- High School Graduate working towards associated degree.
- Knowledge of mechanical/electrical components (i.e. fuses, capacitors, relays, breakers, fittings, bearings, valves) and ability to safely use tools (i.e. saw, grinder, solder, polisher, meters, power supplies)
- Ability to work per instructions and drawings
- Proficient communications skills including the ability to comprehend and convey technical data
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships and work on a team
- Solid problem identification and resolution skills
- Available to begin work in the first quarter of 2020
- Willing to work in Lynchburg, VA
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Associates degree of technical trade school graduate
- Experience working in lab environment with testing experience
- Experience working with mechanical and electrical components
- Experience working as an assembly or fabrication position
- Experience working in the nuclear industry
- Ability to work to procedures and interpret industry and regulatory standards, including but not limited to IEEE, ANSI, and ASTM
- Understanding of Equipment Qualification utilizing the appropriate IEEE and associated industry and regulatory standards to provide Safety Related equipment to the Nuclear industry
- Team oriented with willingness to perform in variety of roles to complete challenging technical tasks.
- Fork lift experience or willingness to obtain qualification.
- Warehouse inventory management experience
- Shipping and Receiving experience
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Temporary
Job Number: 245-378
Community / Marketing Title: Assembler I (245-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US