Engineer IV - Advisory Engineer, Codes & Methods Development (237-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 198
Framatome Fuel Engineering directly supports the reactor core design needs for US Region Light Water Reactor PWR commercial operation. Fuel Engineering will provide the leading support and coordination for reactor core fuel management development, design, licensing, safety analysis and methods development required to support any commercial PWR reactor design. The Codes and Methods Development team performs a full range of Neutronic and Thermal-Hydraulic studies for first-of-a-kind type applications using advanced codes, methods, or unique designs. In addition the team is responsible for creation of new and updates to existing codes and methods.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- This role will work as part of a team to develop and maintain neutronics and thermal-hydrauics methods including R&D and licensing efforts to support Framatome's current and advanced methodologies.
- Support regular interaction with customer and related engineering disciplines (safety analysis, thermo-mechanical, and mechanics) to resolve complex technical issues and provide high quality products.
- Perform a variety of standard and 'first of a kind' engineering analyses supporting the US PWR market, including:
- CHF testing, correlation development and analysis
- Fuel assembly pressure drop, data reduction and analysis
- Sub-channel, development, maintenance and analysis
- Assist with transition core designs
- Licensing report preparation
- 10CFR50.59 evaluations
- Application of Framatome's advanced codes and methods to support licensing of PWR customers
- Framatome's Advanced Burnable Absorber and Advanced Fuel Management projects
- Support bids and proposals for potential new customers
- Support R&D project development and implementation
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Engineer IV: BS in Nuclear Engineering plus 5-7 years of engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related experience (Masters, 1-2 years, or PhD, 1-3 years).
- Principal Engineer: BS in Nuclear Engineering plus 7-10 years of engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related experience (Masters, 1-2 years, or PhD, 1-3 years).
- Advisory Engineer: BS in Nuclear Engineering plus 12 years of engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related experience (Masters, 1-2 years, or PhD, 1-3 years).
- Possess good verbal and written skills.
- Possess a pro-active approach to problem identification and resolution.
- Ability and attitude to learn a variety of new procedures, processes, and tools while maintaining projects in various stages of production.
- Ability to work well in a high paced environment.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple assignments to reach team objectives.
- Experience developing and fostering customer relationships.
- Possess leadership qualities necessary to organize and coordinate cross team and interdepartmental technical deliverables.
- A good knowledge of safety and licensing issues relating to PWRs, including NRC rules, regulations, and policies.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Experience with thermal hydraulic testing
- Experience with sub-channel code development and theory (e.g. XCOBRA-IIIC, LYNXT, COBRA-FLX, VIPRE, etc.)
- Experience with core neutronic simulator codes such as (e.g. PRISM, NEMO, ARTEMIS, SIMULATE, etc.)
- Experience in core design optimization
- Experience with Monte Carlo radiation transport codes such as MCNP, KENO or equivalent.
- Experience with cross section processing code systems such as CASMO, APOLLO, NJOY, SCALE, or equivalent.
- Exposure to computer programming and scripting in FORTRAN, PYTHON, and C++
- Proficiency with LINUX environments.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 237-378
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer IV - Advisory Engineer, Codes & Methods Development (237-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US