Quality Technician II (225-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 182
The Quality Operations Group is responsible for compliance/oversight inspection and surveillance activities related to outage and in-house facilities activities I.A.W. Framatome QA Program requirement. Framatome is seeking a Quality Technician II (part-time) to work from Framatome located at the Old Forest Road facility in Lynchburg, VA.
Responsible for activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory, Framatome and customer requirements; Performs various types of QC inspections including receiving inspection, in-process and final inspections on electrical, mechanical and visual products at Framatome facilities, supplier shops and customer location. Conducts physical measurements and tests of components as needed to verify quality characteristics. Reviews/analyses data and documentation for acceptance of products /processes. Past or current experience in performing inspections and be able to be certified to ANSI N45.2.6 as a Level II inspector. Knowledge of 10CFR50 Appendix-B- and NQA-1 Quality Programs a plus. Be willing and able to support inspection and oversight activities at US and Foreign utilities during peak outage seasons for weeks at a time. Must be able to pass screening and testing for access to power plants. Be competent to perform tasks that may impact on health and safety in the workplace. Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Familiar in the use of common computer software such as Word, Excel in generating documents.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks and works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Personnel under this job description may also be assigned to either a Documentation/Verification function or a Surveillance function. May occasionally include working in manufacturing Shops and at remote customer facilities in uncontrolled temperature environments and for extended hours.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Reviews and recommend disposition of procedures and specifications from other departments.
- May lead internal and supplier audits to assure compliance with quality program requirements.
- Routinely participate in internal, customer, supplier, and NRC audits as needed.
- Reviews fabrication and assembly documentation for compliance with specifications and procedures. Performs documentation reviews to ensure supplier and manufacturing compliance with specifications, drawings and purchase order. Creates (CR) condition report as needed.
- May write or revise quality procedures, SWIs (Standard Work Instructions) and operator aides.
- May train other quality employees. May function as a Lead.
- To play an active role in creating a safe and healthy workplace and comply with all applicable safety and health rules.
- Assists in the review and approval of purchase orders.
- Creates and update work instructions and procedures for product certification personnel.
- May prepare quality standards documentation for approval.
- May prepare data package files and generate release document for materials, components, and assemblies.
- May prepare product certification packages for submittal to customers.
- Administers and perform minor trouble shooting for quality database system.
- May function/assist as a CAPs program coordinator.
- Travel, both domestic and international (must be able to obtain a passport) is required.
- PEAK/Part-time is working 2-3 months in the Spring and 2-3 months in the Fall. It fluctuates with the work load.
- Conducts oversight and verify products for compliance to procedures.
- Performs QC duties performing inspections at Framatome facilities in Lynchburg and other locations as needed.
- Conducts physical measurements and tests of components as needed to verify quality characteristics.
- Utilizes judgment and experience to identify issues which affect product quality in manufacturing areas.
- Utilizes judgment and experience to identify procedural and process weaknesses in manufacturing areas.
- Conducts independent verification of completion of actions reported as complete within the corrective action program.
- Routinely serve as issue investigator, including conducting apparent cause analyses, for issues within the corrective action program.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- High School Diploma plus 5 years of related experience or an Associate's Degree in a Technical discipline plus 2 years of related experience. A BS degree with some manufacturing experience; plus knowledge and application of the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization may also be considered.
- Must be able to pass practical and written test to meet ANSI / ASME N45.2.6 -1978 and NQA-1-2015 qualification and testing of Inspection Personnel in Level II discipline for Mechanical/Visual examination, Electrical Inspection, Welding inspection and other inspection techniques as needed. Examinations for Surveillances Representative on Quality Programs.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the quality field.
- Intermediate computer skills including job specific programs, spreadsheets, word processing.
- Ability to read and understand procedures, specifications and drawings and to evaluate documentation for compliance with design specifications.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Knowledge of basic related engineering and quality assurance standards, techniques and criteria.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to comprehend and convey technical program data.
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships with all levels of staff and management.
- Good problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Good organization skills.
Travel: Sporadic 25% domestic and international travel required. Candidate must be able to obtain a passport.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Part-Time
Job Number: 225-378
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Technician II (225-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US