Safety Compliance Technician II (218-378)
Location: Kincardine, Ontario CA
Job Number: 161
Framatome Canada Ltd. is seeking qualified candidates for a Safety Compliance Technician II for our Kincardine, Ontario office. This role is responsible for supporting the deployment, implementation and monitoring of the EHS & Human Performance program. Providing Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental oversight in a nuclear client sites, and at the Framatome Canada office/warehouse facilities.
The incumbent will be a member of the Quality/HS&E Department reporting to the Safety/Human Performance Supervisor.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Support project specific conventional safety and environmental management plans and procedures including; inspections, audits, observation and coaching.
- Ensure accidents/incidents are recognized and investigated in a timely/valued manner by providing leadership and direction in all facets of training, reporting, investigation and analysis.
- Visit job sites to conduct safety audits on personnel, equipment and materials.
- Track and report safety-related statistics, manage Return to Work, Modified duties cases at the field level.
- Support Human Performance program activities and act as an advocate for Human Performance.
- Assist in development of Job Safety Analysis, Critical Lift plans and other plans as required and audit same in the field.
- Ensure workplace hazards are identified and effective mitigation strategies are developed and implemented using hierarchy of controls methodology.
- Technical resource for jurisdictional Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulations and applicable standards.
- Active participation in Framatome annual safety initiatives.
- Actively seek opportunities for continuous improvements to the Framatome Health & Safety program.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Associates degree in a Science/Occupational Health and Safety related field plus 2 - 4 years related experience or High School diploma plus 4 - 6 years of related nuclear experience.
- A preferred candidate should have a designation or show proof of progressing towards a designation such as: C.H.S.C, N.C.S.O, C.R.S.P
- Willing to work evenings and weekends.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- A working knowledge of Provincial OHS Legislation including construction and industrial regulations.
- Experience in Health and Safety within an industrial and construction environment.
- Relevant Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience in the Health and Safety field.
- A team player that accepts and can manage change regularly.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office to develop reports or presentations as required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and positively influence behavior.
- Experience in the nuclear industry; with a focus on High Voltage Electrical Programs and/or Multi-trade Construction oversight.
- Preference will be given to candidates with onsite nuclear experience and those who have a valid Bruce Power Security Clearance or Ontario Power Generation Security Clearance.
- More than one position may be available.
Travel: This role will primarily work at client sites - up to 60-80%.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Kincardine, Ontario, Canada Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 218-378
Community / Marketing Title: Safety Compliance Technician II (218-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kincardine, Ontario CA