Integrated Outage Manager (188-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 131
Job Description - Outage Manager - Steam Generator Replacement:
Outage manager is responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and implementation of various projects awarded to Framatome. The primary function of this position is to manage the onsite activities for Bruce Steam Generator Replacement in Canada.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Work with Project Manager to define budgets for all facets of the project.
- Use as sold project data to determine and develop organizational charts and staffing needs.
- Create schedules for pre-outage work, crew training & outage work.
- Interface with site project team providing outage schedule inputs, planning outage activities, and coordinating required support.
- Provide schedule and task updates to key stakeholders both onsite and at the home office.
- Understand and uphold contractual agreements, milestones, and deliverables.
- Assist in development and approval of procedures for onsite work activities.
- Learn Canadian regulations and assist with the process of obtaining work Visa's.
- Ensure tasks are implemented in accordance with Framatome's standards of operational excellence, core safety values, and quality standards.
Outage Manager may supplement other groups/tasks in a variety of positions as the business needs change. It is required to be able to pass security & background checks to hold an unescorted badge at sites. It is also a requirement to be able to travel to sites, sometimes with very short notice.
Framatome designs, fabricates, and installs plant hardware for the worldwide nuclear commercial fleet. This position includes oversight and management of the following types of tasks:
Major Component Replacements
- Feedwater Heaters
- Steam Generators
- Reactor Vessel Heads and Integrated Head Assemblies
- Specialized Automated and Manual Welding
- Specialized Machining including Electrical Discharge Machining
- Underwater In-Vessel Components and Internals
- Cavitation Peening
- Industry Best Response to Emergent Issues
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position:
- Strong technical knowledge, work processes, and equipment utilized
- Basic contractual requirements knowledge
- Excellent leadership skills
- Diversified Background-Field Machining, Welding, and Supervision
- Field Management of Complex Repair and Replacement Projects
- Project Scheduling
- Comprehensive Task-Specific Training (Field Machining or Welding)
- Resource Management or Project Staffing
- Equipment Technicians for Specialized Mechanical and Electrical Tooling
- Managing or supervision of welding crews & tasks
- Action Oriented, Integrity and Trust, Problem Solving, Communication Skills, Functional/Technical Skills, Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, Priority Setting
- Ability to apply critical thinking and adapt to rapidly changing situations.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree, or directly related equivalent experience in lieu of degree, plus 15 years of closely related experience
TRAVEL: 75% - Routine travel to include, but not limited to Canada (Kincardine - Bruce Power Plant) and US (Lynchburg Va.); Deployment scenario for Bruce SGR would be 8 months per year for the next 7 years.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Part-Time
Job Number: 188-378
Community / Marketing Title: Integrated Outage Manager (188-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US