Supervisor - Cyber Security Engineering (186-378)
Location: Christiansburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 130
The IBPE Engineering Organization performs a wide range of engineering and project activities needed to build, upgrade, support operations or dismantle nuclear reactors, uranium production facilities, uranium enrichment plants, spent fuel recycling and waste management facilities to support high levels of safety and performance. Framatome is looking for a Supervisor - Cyber Security Engineering for our Christiansburg, VA location.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in business opportunities alignment within the energy sector.
- Capture proposal development in response to identified opportunities. Formulation of technical strategies and personnel requirements to fulfill successful captures. Formulates cyber strategies to best meet evolving technological requirements.
- Experience performing a variety of network security accreditation and policy support tasks, including project management support services.
- Supports activities within Framatome for the strategic high priority development, testing, program assessments, policy and guidance, and education and training.
- Monitor the progress of the IBPE Engineering Cyber programs with IBPE and Product Line management and contractors to ensure adequacy and thoroughness of results.
- Providing guidance and implementation recommendations for security enhancements.
- Industry involvement with the development of best practices.
- Ability to develop the requisite training programs for organizational development.
- Act as a project mentor and interface with both internal/external customers and technical subject matter experts.
- Utility experience.
- Demonstrated briefing and public speaking skills Excellent written skills required.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS Degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology plus a minimum of 8 years of progressive engineering experience. Advance degree may be substituted for related experience (MBA/MS 1-2yrs, PhD 1-3 yrs).
- Knowledge of design/system engineering and regulatory requirements for commercial nuclear plants.
- Advanced knowledge of nuclear plant I&C design and related engineering standards, techniques and criteria.
- Commercial Nuclear, Government Cyber Security related knowledge
- Understanding of 10 CFR 73.54, R.G. 5.71, and NEI 08-09, 13-10 Implementation Requirements
- Apply a range of cyber security concepts to mitigate risks in cyber security operations
- Develop and apply decision frameworks using the guidelines of cyber security ethics, law, and strategy
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Apply the theory of cyber deterrence in developing future cyber security strategies and policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including demonstrated ability to present to clients.
- Strong analytical ability and problem identification/problem resolution skills.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position:
- Demonstrated leadership ability to manage multiple tasks and projects through subordinates.
- Manage the development of cyber security standards and capabilities
- Design strategies for development of an effective cyber security workforce
- Analyze technical and operational requirements for future cyber security systems
- Compare and contrast international cyber security policies, strategies, and capabilities
- Identify the missions, authorities, and responsibilities of key cyber security organizations within the international community
Travel: Up to 50% - Domestic and International. Travel needs will be dependent upon the project requirements. Managed tasked projects will be supported primarily from the office with travel to the sites for meetings/walkdowns. Staff augmentation projects will be supported at the respective plant sites.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Christiansburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 186-378
Community / Marketing Title: Supervisor - Cyber Security Engineering (186-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Christiansburg, Virginia US