Field Service Rep IV - Principle Nuclear Plant Maintenance Specialist II (part-time) (182-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 126
The Installed Base Business Group combines the nuclear reactor design and construction activities and the products and services activities necessary for the maintenance, operation, modernization, and improvement of power plants. It also includes vessel propulsion nuclear reactor and research reactor activities.
PWR Reactor Services specializes in full scope Refueling Outage services, which includes, but is not limited to reactor disassembly/reassembly, fuel handling, and critical lifts. Work is highly complex and procedurally driven, consisting primarily of tool handling and equipment operation inside containment, in/around the cavity.
Framatome is seeking part-time Field Service Rep IV - Principle Nuclear Plant Maintenance Specialist II (part-time). Under very broad supervision, this position is responsible for routine to very complex installation, repair, preventative maintenance and testing of tools and equipment at customer sites. Relies on expert experience/judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Frequently directs less experienced staff in the field and provides input regarding performance. May be required to work around radioactive and/or corrosive chemicals and to wear appropriate protective equipment.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Installing, troubleshooting, assembling and disassembling, repairing and maintenance tooling and equipment at plant sites; may include equipment associated with refueling, inspecting and maintaining nuclear reactors and components.
- Conducting routine to very complex tasks, operating specialized equipment, taking measurements, extracting and compiling data regarding equipment and process performance; collecting data on task and outage performance.
- Developing calculations, tables, reports and related data; maintains maintenance logs and certification documents.
- Developing maintenance procedures, problem reports, field schedules, and task close out reports, as needed.
- Participating in planning and executing projects; assists in preparation of proposal and procurement documents.
- May provide input to training materials and may conduct training, as needed.
- Complying with all applicable safety and health rules including personal dose compliance.
- Working flexible hours and shifts, as required, to ensure timely service.
- May require extensive travel to a variety of regional and remote job sites
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent education.
- Minimum of 6 years related experience.
- Expert knowledge of commonly used equipment, practices, procedures and concepts in a particular field.
- Specific nuclear reactor plant maintenance qualification training and certification.
- Knowledge of company and industry safety and health policies and programs, as required for specific roles.
- Good written/verbal skills; ability to effectively communicate with staff, management, vendors and customers.
- Ability to comprehend instructions, policies, procedures and guidelines required to perform assigned tasks.
- Meets the physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to work in high heat environments and at heights.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position:
- Current PWR Refueling Qualifications
- Minimum of 6 years refueling experience.
TRAVEL Seasonal (35-75%) domestic and international travel. Potential international travel; office environment will be for training purposes.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Part-Time
Job Number: 182-378
Community / Marketing Title: Field Service Rep IV - Principle Nuclear Plant Maintenance Specialist II (part-time) (182-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US