Metrology Technical Specialist I-III (164-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 120
The Metrology Services Business Group utilizes advanced measurement techniques to support various projects within the nuclear power industry. Techniques include industrial photogrammetry, laser trackers, total stations, portable CMM's, laser scanners and more in conjunction with 3D analysis and modeling software. The group is responsible for capturing as-built 3D dimensional information of various plant components, structural configurations, piping configurations and more in support of replacement projects, implementing new modifications, reverse engineering, load path and design interference detection.
Framatome is seeking a Metrology Services Technical Specialist to support field and office survey activities working out of the Mill Ridge Road office in Lynchburg, Virginia. Typically, a Technical Specialist would plan and execute field assignments working in a team environment as the working project task lead to oversee and ensure project execution while providing solutions to customer project concerns, creating measurement plans and generating reports. This work requires travel to customer's sites within the continental US with potential for travel abroad (50-75%).
Education and Experience
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Technical Specialist I: BS in Engineering or advanced degree may be substituted for 0-2 years of experience.
- Technical Specialist II: BS in Engineering or advanced degree may be substituted for 2-4 years of experience.
- Technical Specialist III: BS in Engineering or advanced degree may be substituted for 4-6 years of experience.
- Field related experience with industrial photogrammetry, laser trackers, total stations, portable CMM's and laser scanners.
- Possesses a strong background with Spatial Analyzer, Geo-Magic and/or other 3D analysis software.
- Experience with MicroStation or other CAD packages, modeling software, machinist or pipe fitting experience are a plus.
- Experience with component replacement.
- Experience with pipe fabrication
- Experience with machining and tool setup.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Excellent problem identification and problem resolution skills.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Experience in multiple 3D analysis software.
- Experience with multiple 3D measurement systems
- Leadership/Supervisor experience
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 164-378
Community / Marketing Title: Metrology Technical Specialist I-III (164-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US