Principal Planner/Scheduler (147-378)
Location: Kincardine, Ontario CA
Job Number: 113
Under broad supervision, this position is responsible for establishing detailed schedules and resource requirements for operating plants and/or new plant deployment projects. Coordinates with project partners on the development and implementation of project schedules; tracks and monitors project schedules through completion. Analyzes plans and schedules to identify potential delays and integration problems; recommends changes to plans and schedules.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, maintains current project schedules, schedule status and schedule analysis with appropriate software
- Develops or assists in developing project work breakdown structure for projects to meet scheduling, and cost tracking requirements.
- Develops resource loaded project schedules to support project performance measurement activities (Earned Value, SPI, CPI).
- Provides critical path analysis and creates 'what if' scenarios; evaluates impact of changes to critical path.
- Identifies and ensures adherence to required project resources (staff, materials, equipment, etc.).
- Coordinates with IS on implementation, updating and enhancement to scheduling software tools.
- Participates on project teams providing valued project data and analysis; leads project schedule status meetings.
- Provides scheduling training, coaching and leadership to project staff, as needed.
- Develops and analyzes project metrics; generates accurate, timely reports and schedules for management.
- Recommends and develops scheduling process improvements.
Intended projects and programs to be supported by this position are: Bruce Power Containment Filtered Venting System (CFVS), Valve Program, and High Voltage Program.
Education & Experiences
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering plus 6-8 years of related work experience typically required at this level. May substitute other Bachelor's Degree plus 8-10 years of related work experience, or comparable additional experience in lieu of Degree.
- Framatome LSS Black Belt certification preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
- Advanced understanding of complex planning and scheduling concepts and scheduling software (Primavera, Microsoft Project)
- Comprehension of nuclear power plant systems, components and interrelated activities.
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills ;
- Understanding of internal and external stakeholders to ensure complete work package inputs and definition.
- Excellent problem identification and problem resolution skills ; Advanced knowledge of PC-based applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strategic orientation, Results oriented, Develop Talent, Building Networks, Customer Orientation, Leading change, Flexibility, Innovation.
- Builds constructive relationships, Communicates, Learns constantly, Shows creativity, Knows the professional environment, Is results oriented, Is quality oriented, Is customer oriented
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Kincardine, Ontario, Canada Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 147-378
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Planner/Scheduler (147-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kincardine, Ontario CA