Field Service Representative IV (127-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 107
The Installed Base Business Group combines the nuclear reactor design and construction activities and the products and services activities necessary for the maintenance, operation, modernization, and improvement of power plants. It also includes vessel propulsion nuclear reactor and research reactor activities.
BWR Reactor Services specializes in full scope Refueling Outage Services, which includes, but is not limited to Reactor Disassembly/Reassembly, Fuel Handling, In-Vessel Maintenance, and IVVI Work Scope. Work is highly complex and procedurally driven, consisting primarily of tool handling and equipment operation inside containment, in/around the cavity.
Framatome is seeking part-time Field Service Representatives. Under very broad supervision, this position is responsible for routine to very complex installation, repair, preventative maintenance and testing of tools and equipment at customer sites. Relies on expert experience/judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Frequently directs less experienced staff in the field and provides input regarding performance. May be required to work around radioactive and/or corrosive chemicals and to wear appropriate protective equipment.
- Installs, troubleshoots, assembles and disassembles, repairs and maintains tooling and equipment at plant sites; may include equipment associated with refueling, inspecting and maintaining nuclear reactors and components.
- Conducts routine and non-routine tasks, operates specialized equipment, takes measurements, extracts and compiles data regarding equipment and process performance; collates data on task and outage performance.
- Develops calculations, tables, reports and related data; maintains maintenance logs and certification documents.
- Develops maintenance procedures, problem reports, field schedules, and task close out reports, as needed.
- Participates in planning and executing projects; assists in preparation of proposal and procurement documents.
- May provide input to training materials and may conduct training, as needed.
- Complies with all applicable safety and health rules including personal dose compliance.
- Works flexible hours and shifts, as required, to ensure timely service.
- May require extensive travel to a variety of regional and remote job sites.
Education & Experiences
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent education.
- Minimum of 6 years related experience.
- Expert knowledge of commonly used equipment, practices, procedures and concepts in a particular field.
- Specific nuclear reactor plant maintenance qualification training and certification.
- Knowledge of company and industry safety and health policies and programs, as required for specific roles.
- Good written/verbal skills; ability to effectively communicate with staff, management, vendors and customers.
- Ability to comprehend instructions, policies, procedures and guidelines required to perform assigned tasks.
- Meets the physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to work in high heat environments and at heights.
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Current BWR Refueling Qualifications
- Holds NDE Level II Certification
- Minimum of 5 Years Refueling Experience
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Part-Time
Job Number: 127-378
Community / Marketing Title: Field Service Representative IV (127-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US