Planner/Scheduler II-IV (246-378)
Location: Richland, Washington US
Job Number: 210
The Plant Engineering,Technical Support and Maintenance Department supports the Richland facility to achieve the manufacturing of nuclear fuel. The Planner/Scheduler will be responsible for planning and scheduling maintenance activities for assigned discipline; optimize workloads and validate the demands for craft activities; is the principal contact and liaison person between the maintenance department and the operation's departments.
Key competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Results oriented
- Customer focus
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with PC based applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, management, and contractors.
- Ability to change priorities quickly, confront issues directly, and work well as part of a team.
Under moderate supervision provides coordination support and oversite for planning, analyzing and evaluating craft resources in maintaining plant systems and equipment. Eliminates in advance potential delays and obstacles through proper planning and coordination of parts, equipment time and labor. Reviews project progress against schedule and updates Engineering/Management, as needed.
The Richland manufacturing facility is a nuclear site licensed by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- To ensure the operations areas that he/she serves receive prompt, efficient and quality service from the maintenance function they need in order to operate at a high level of efficiency.
- To ensure the maintenance function is given the opportunity to provide operations with the service it requires.
- Accurately define and estimate work requests.
- Properly prepare and distribute meaningful work packages, schedules and reports.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Planner/Scheduler II: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering plus 0-2 years of related work experience. May substitute a Bachelor's Degree in a non-technical discipline plus 2-4 years of related work experience, or comparable additional experience in lieu of Degree.
- Planner/Scheduler III: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering plus 2-4 years of related work experience. May substitute a Bachelor's Degree in a non-technical discipline plus 4-6 years of related work experience, or comparable additional experience in lieu of Degree.
- Planner/Scheduler IV: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering plus 4-6 years of related work experience. May substitute a Bachelor's Degree in a non-technical discipline plus 6-8 years of related work experience, or comparable additional experience in lieu of Degree.
- Have adequate trade knowledge to estimate labor hours and materials and to visualize the job to be performed.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Good administrative and mathematical skills with willingness to handle paperwork.
- Have good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand what constitutes good written work instructions.
- Able to read blueprints and shop drawings.
- Understanding of the proper use of work orders, priorities, scheduling, etc.
- Ability to keep multiple jobs in controlled motion simultaneously.
- Orientation and commitment to customer service.
- Style and capability commanding respect within both maintenance and operating organizations.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Applicable work experience at a NRC-licensed site or in a highly regulated environment
- Strong knowledge of SAP.
- Strong working background in Excel.
- Advanced degree in a technical discipline.
- Experience in process improvement methodologies (root cause analysis, lean manufacturing, etc.).
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Richland, Washington, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 246-378
Community / Marketing Title: Planner/Scheduler II-IV (246-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Richland, Washington US